Get informed and become a Certified Credit Report Reviewer
The ICFE's CCRR® program is the nations only comprehensive training and certification specifically developed for the credit industry professionals who are dedicated to educating and assisting consumers, clients, customers, businesses, and the general public in credit reporting, credit scoring plus how to maintain a good report and high score.
CCRR® qualified professionals are employed by a wide range of organizations including consumer credit and debt counseling organizations, credit unions and other financial institutions, student loan lenders, cooperative extension system, all branches of the military, mortgage, real estate, and financial services firms; law enforcement, and other government agencies. Many others are private practitioners including notary public, attorneys, security consultants, CPAs, CFPs, and consumer educators.
The growth of the consumer credit has been explosive. Americans are still getting all charged-up with their plastic. Individual credit files continue to grow, many times into more than three dozen pages. This area of growing concern to consumers and business owners alike is one that is often overlooked by their well meaning financial and business advisors, until now.
ICFE Certified Credit Report Reviewers (CCRRs®) have learned Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA). They have learned how to read and understand their own credit reports and those of others. They have also learned about the steps to take to guard against credit and identity theft, an important new aspect of the credit report review service. Another important aspect in the training is about credit scores; maintaining them or increasing them, which often results in lower credit costs.
Why Become a CCRR®?
Here's some of the reasons why people are getting ICFE certified:
- Becoming certified by the ICFE makes a difference to your clients, your company and yourself and is a manifestation of your commitment to high standards of professionalism aimed at your employer, your colleagues, your clients and the general public.
- Demonstrate your professional qualifications.
- Enhance your experience in the field and promote your professional value.
- Learn critical elements of the FCRA and FACTA Laws.
- Stay current with the FCRA/FACTA law and other financial education trends.
- Fulfill continuing education (CE) and PACE requirements.
- The ICFE Certified Credit Report Reviewer is endorsed by the International Association of Registered Financial Consultants and awards IARFC members 12 CEs.
- The CFP Board accepts this program for ten CEs for CFPs.
- This program is approved for ten PACE credits.
- National Assn. of Certified Credit Counselors (NACCC) awards its members 8 CEs.
- Assn. For Financial Counseling Planning & Education (AFCPE) 12 CEs.